Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chanel Movies

This holidays I seem ain't do anything meaningful,
except that I did catch up with couples of movies.

Movie, just like usual, inspires thousand million people on the earth,and sometimes it so hard to believe those vastly infused product placement's movies will do inspired people.

Back to topic, movie, I watched 2, precisely, 1 and a half French movies, with some topic surrounds a lady called Gabrielle Coco Chanel, the founder of 'Chanel'.

Coco avant Chanel

Coco avant Chanel was a movie that I watched in GSC during the French movie festival. Not to hide my intention, I wanna watch it because it's a Chanel movie and I have kind of curious to explore the brand of Chanel.

Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel was the movie that I deliberately noticed in PPS (the best friend of human being xD); actually there is another one Chanel movie that I haven't watched yet but I don't think I'll watch it since it's a secret love story of Coco Chanel and a musician.

Why 1 and a half?
Because 'Coco Chanel' is American made and the French are all spoke English.
lol

What I really wanna tell is what people should learn is not the name but the spirit behind.
Are these two pieces are commercial movies?
Definitely, the whole movie is full of Chanel.
However, commercial movie doesn't mean you have nothing to gain except of being entertained.

For me, she is a legendary.
The first ever lady who told the other ladies to dress, behave, live for themselves but not to please the men. Haha!
Don't misunderstanding this is a feminist post, all the things that I told could be adopted on both sex, twist abit then you'll figure out.

The most impressive dialogues in Coco Chanel were
'Freedom will never be old-fashioned' and 'I'm the one who decide the material'.
True enough!
And for your info, she was the first who introduced the color of 'black' to the formal occasion, back then in ten decades ago, people were still so abstained from using black.
What I have really been inspired is,
we decide what we want and we define things not things define us.

Maybe Emily was right,
France is a place surrounded with the spirit of revolution!
Good luck to her plan of getting France!
And thanks for her recommendation for me to watch Coco avant Chanel when I ask for her suggestion.
:)

3 comments:

  1. pps has it?
    i think i am interested to watch it
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another biographic film worth watching is The Aviator (2004). However you need to spare 3 hours just to complete it, quite time consuming. Well if Chanel is an encouragement for girls, then The Aviator is for guys. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If ur a fan of Hermes, check out this book call "Bringing home the Birkin" by Michael Tonello.

    ReplyDelete